1.1 Background of the Study
The proponents want to know the reasons of hotel in using manual reservation. The proponents conduct a study towards the topic because they notice some of the hotel still use manual reservation. The study will emphasize the effects of using manual reservation and how a computerized reservation will be substituted. Therefore, the proponents purported to find out how to increase the number of customer using computerized reservation. Interaction and individual stimulation have always been linked to the technological availability of the time and place. With the transition to an information-based society, computers and transactions have evolved from manual transaction. One of the solutions or alternatives to the problems that a hotel is facing, a system was being developed which can edit, delete, filter, monitor and store and secured the records of the customers. Online Hotel Reservation system is a transaction processing system that solves the problem encountered during the manual Hotel Reservation. The computerized Hotel Reservation System aims to simplify the manual Hotel Reservation fastest and accurate. Another thing is that reservations can be done through Online with the help of Internet Connection. Database is shared thru Virtual Private Network (VPN). The proponents make use of some tools and techniques to build the project. The system uses Cascading Style Sheet to design the page and develop Graphical User Interface (GUI) to help the user give instruction to the computer. The system once implemented it will solve the most common problems that the Hotel Reservation encounter.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
How to develop an Online Reservation System for Asia Novotel Kalibo?
* How to develop a website using HTMLas the programming language? * How to design a database using WAMP Server Version 2.2? * How to develop a website using CSS as a tool to design layout of the interface? * How to develop an online monitoring of daily transaction between Asia Novotel their clients? * How to develop a website that can update all the transactions in room booking? * How to develop a booking form with email notifications to the user? * How to develop a page that accepts online payment?
* How to create an admin section that has all the reports: daily, monthly and yearly of room booking transactions?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4.1 General Objective
To develop an Online Reservation System for Asia Novotel Kalibo.
* To develop a website using HTML as the programming language. * To design a database using WAMP Server Version 2.2 .
* To develop a website using CSS as a tool to design layout of the interface. * To develop an online monitoring of daily transaction between Asia Novotel Kalibo and their clients. * To develop a website that can update all the transactions in room booking. * To develop a booking form with email notifications to the user. * To develop a page that accepts online payment.
* To create an admin section that has all the reports: daily, monthly and yearly, of room and catering booking transactions.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study intends to make use in promoting good work environment in the workplace and motivation of its employee. It is also beneficial for all of the prospective clients whereas they get to choose and make reservation in more convenient way. Hotel companies in general as well as with Asia Novotel Kalibo will benefit in this study. The results of this study will allow the supervisor to entertain clients online and for them to offer the best of their hotel in just a click away. They are able to monitor the transactions daily, weekly, monthly and yearly for them to analyze the progress of their business. This study shows how it would be easier to market...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document